INTEGRA LEARNING CENTRE
DEVELOPING YOUR CHILD’S POTENTIAL
- Our mission is for each learner to cope successfully in a diverse world with lots of demands.
- We strive towards a safe environment where learners can achieve success in reading and mathematics.
- We also strive to give each learner the maximum opportunity to develop in totality by enhancing their self-concept and by gaining confidence to venture to fulfil their dreams.
- We strive for each learner to reach a high standard of reading with understanding.
- We want to uplift each learner by focusing on their unique gifts and strengths.
- We strive for each learner to have a positive outlook towards learning and life and to counter any negativity towards learning with coping strategies.
The Integra Learning Centres has only one goal:
To enhance the strong points and gifts of each learner. It not only addresses the current educational problems or backlog of a child experiencing problems in the classroom, but it also serves to enrich and enhance the gifts of the child. We do not only cater for learners with learning barriers, but also to excel a child to even cope better than they ever did before.
We teach with love and compassion. The multisensory, integrated, metacognitive method has elements of the visual perceptual area, auditory perceptual area, receptive language skills, expressive language skills, reading enhancing, comprehension, spelling, writing skills, oral feedback and language. Any child can benefit from being enrolled in an Integra Learning Centre with great benefits for the child and the parent.
If you suspect that your child has a learning disability, don’t despair, help is at hand.
Remember that not every child struggling at school has a learning problem. It could be that they had insufficient practice or a lack of back ground knowledge.
Keys to ensure that your child receives the necessary help to succeed in school:
Talk to the teacher
Have an in depth look at your child’s academic performance
What is your child’s attitude towards schoolwork?
Have your child assessed at and Integra Learning Centre
Enrol your child for help at an Integra Learning Centre in your area.
You can download Learning Disability Checklist from the following website.
An assessment can be arranged by contacting your closest Integra Learning Centre.
An assessment will be done in Norm- and Diagnostic Assessment with a written report.
Assessment fees available on request.
PDF – ENROLLMENT ENG NEW (ENGLISH)
PDF – INSKRYFVORM AFR 2015 (AFRIKAANS)
- Times are flexible and will be between the hours on a Monday to a Thursday from between 14h00 and 18h00.
- Times will have to be arranged with the remedial therapist.
- Tuition will be for on. Two , three, to four hours per week depending on the need of the child.
- The child can receive aid in English, Afrikaans or Mathematics